Saturday, June 4, 2011

US Embassy "Update" & More

June 2nd the US Embassy in Ethiopia is reporting that the caseload from the pre-March 8th timelines are continuing and they are processing 15-20 cases a day and MOWA continues to plan to process 5 cases a day for all cases after those submitted after March 8th.  Isaac's case was submitted on ~April 8th, so we have to wait for all of the cases submitted from March 9th-April 8th.  The interesting "news" is that this tells us pretty much nothing other than more waiting.

This reminds me of a sermon I once heard, God's answers are yes, no or wait.  Guess we are going for the last approach.  We are still hopeful we will have Isaac home for Christmas, but the poor little guy will probably go from hot and humid weather to cold and frosty winter.  Well, I guess I should rethink that...We did have hail on the first of June this year!
100 degrees in Addis Ababa today...With a high of 72 and a low of 58...I am pretty sure there weather people might need a little more training on the "greater than" and "less than" principals!


One of the things I have finally figured out is that the USCIS (immigration offices) don't have an office in Ethiopia, the closest is Nairobi.  So that explains why the cases may be processed in Nairobi or why there will be more cooperation from US Government offices in Nairobi going forward.  What did they say, "The more you know..." ;)

We also found out this week that my step-dad had a terminal diagnosis with his cancer.  He's had problems with his kidneys before and he's only got one now and it's only working 20%. :( This can be very hard to face and he's have a rough time.  My step-dad and I aren't really close and I've not really been so kind to him through my life, but when I was reading the book "Chicken Soup for the Scrapbookers Soul" over the last few days, I knew I needed to take on a scrapbooking project to archive an older family members' life.  I wasn't sure who, but once I heard of Harv's diagnosis, I decided I would ask him.  So this morning, I asked him and he said that would be a great idea!  I have started putting together the papers, stamps and stickers and he is going to call me this week so we can discuss some details and then see what photos he can scan for me to use.  It's going to be a great way to archive his life and to get to know him better and give him the best birthday present ever!

God is definitely providing enough for me to work on while we are waiting, and we appreciated your continued prayers.

Many Blessings,

The Hendrickson's

No comments:

Post a Comment