- It's the right thing to do,
- A family is what you make of it, not how you make it,
- God is calling us to live out the Gospel by doing for this child what he has done for us: accept us for who, when and where we are.
- James 1:27: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
- Living in the United States, we are blessed beyond belief. Our (America's) understanding of poverty, AIDS and other diseases and injustices is inadequate. Someone needs to defend the fatherless, and Kevin and I feel God has called us to this.
- It has been estimated there are currently 147 million orphans worldwide. While we can't change the world, we can change OUR world for ONE.
Please pray for his/her health and safety, his/her caregivers, political stability in Ethiopia and for our patience through this process.