Daddy had surgery this week and getting ready resulted in a lot of Google searches without any checklists. And since I love my checklists, I thought I would share.
I have found that a care package for post op care is a great gift, and for the most part, it's stuff you already have!
• Tylenol (no aspirin or Ibuprofen),
• Ice Packs with thin towel (put them in the fridge),
• Water bottle for ride home,
• Barf bag for ride home,
• Magazines for the waiting room,
• Heat pad or heat packs,
• Chicken Noodle Soup,
• Phone List,
• WebMD info on the procedure (may include some other ideas to include)
• Grocery shopping and/or prepped meals for the rest of the family
So whether it is you or someone else, here's my list to being prepared or post op recovery.