So I thought I would put together a list of the supplies I find helpful to scrapbook.
- Memorabilia - tickets from the play, movie, train, airplane, national park, museum, certificates, awards, if it's part of the memory, save it and bring it along.
- Paper trimmer. I prefer Fiskars Compact trimmer because it's compact and it cuts 12 x 12 paper. I can use this in an airport, without a table and probably underwater, though I haven't tried.
- Patterned Paper
- Black Archival Pen
- Pencil with eraser
- Adhesive - A TON (someday I will post about my adhesive issues)
- Embellishments - Stickers, flowers, ribbon, buttons, glitter, etc.
- Printed Materials (Typed Journaling, notes from internet, tags, freebies, etc.)
- A plan
There are some added tools that can be fun to add to the "more than basic" kit. I would recommend sharing with others for these items specially if you are just starting out. From there you can pick your favorites and purchase the items you like without guilt.
- Stamps and Stamp Pads
- Paints (Sprays, Acryclic, Watercolors, etc)
- Die cutters (do not buy these without trying several kinds first. You want to get the one that will work best for you, not the one you saw on a commercial or show. Trust me on this one)
- Have a plan for, and
- Am currently working on that plan.
I hope this helps some others to start scrapbooking or maybe just prep for a crop.